How to Integrate Rapnet Diamond instant Inventory API feed with Shopify
Update: For more information on creating a Shopify diamond jewelry website with diamond supplier API (Natural and Lab) integration visit here
Shopify is a popular hosted eCommerce cart. Integrating Rapnet diamond feed with Shopify is possible but a bit tricky as hosted platforms don’t offer flexibility as open-source self-hosted eCommerce carts like Woocommerce and Magento.
Rapnet has two services i.e. DLS and web services (Rapnet Instant Inventory Web Services). However, off-late DLS services are discontinued. Instead
"Rapnet instant Inventory" services can be used wherein a limited number of diamond data can be pulled from Rapnet through Restful API call with data feed in JSON format.
it's a three-step process:
- Create a Micro service on a third-party server that will pull data from Rapnet API endpoint.
- Register a Private App on Shopify, which will talk to your third-party web service to pull and push data in the required format in Shopify.
- Custom pages on Shopify (for Diamond search etc.) are to be made in Shopify’s templating language Liquid
Please visit a live Demo of integrating Rapnet Diamond feed with Shopify with the "Build a Ring feature".
Below is the detailed architecture of how TPS Rapnet integration with Shopify will function :
The cost for loose diamond integration with a search engine will start from $1600 onwards. It all depends on your exact requirements. All our offerings are one time cost only . They include one year of free support
Why plug and Play Rapnet App widgets available on Shopify App Store are no good?
On the Shopify App store, you will find a few low-cost Apps which claim to integrate the Rapnet Feed. But these are no good.
Here are the reasons:
- They Cannot be customized as per your design requirements
- Users cannot directly buy from your website.
- Users can find the source of the diamond supplier directly
- Monthly Subscription cost
- No SEO benefit due to the Iframe widget embedded in the page
- Diamond data search filter customization is not possible.
- No additional feature can be added eg. Share a hint or add to the wishlist