Integrating "IDEX Online Diamond Exchange API" in the Jewelry e-commerce website
IDEX (International Diamond Exchange) is a leading B2B online Diamond and jewelry Exchange for Buying/selling diamonds and jewelry. It also has a NEWS section and a active community for interacting with the international Diamond and jewelry trading fraternity.
To all the trading members of IDEX; a database of tradable diamonds is available for CSV download. The CSV contains a complete list of Diamond attributes including carat, Cut, clarity, Diamond Certification ( GIA, EGL , HRD), pricing, polish symmetry, grading, supplier contact details, etc.
Integrating IDEX feeds: How does the process work?
We have developed a framework and Python-based engine which we customize as per your needs to be deployed on your website for Diamond listing and trading
This is how the process works
- XML / CSV / JSON file containing IDEX Diamond data is auto-pulled to a pre-determined location on the server
- The PHP/Python script parses the XML file
- Parsed data is inserted into the database of web services, which is built on Python
- The web service is further responsible for feeding diamond data to your E-commerce website;
- During Data insert; a mark-up is added either as a flat percentage or with any other formulae as required
- The data can be further displayed on the front end in grids with search filters
- During the next update, only unavailable data on the IDEX API feed is removed from your website and new data is inserted
- Data with the change in pricing etc is updated.
- The entire process requires no manual intervention. It works automatically.