Rapnet is a Peer to Peer Diamond exchange wherein suppliers and retailers sell and buy diamonds. Rapnet Provides API, which can be integrated with your website to sell diamonds on your website directly with your addon markup.
Pre-requisites for Rapnet API Integration
You require Rapnet login and subscription to Rapnet instant Inventory services to use Rapnet API on your website. For Subscription contact Here. Rapnet API integration is NOT a plug -and- play extension. We cannot provide a generic plugin. We have to do a custom installation on the host website.
Rapnet Diamond trading Network
Rapnet Diamond trading Network is a popular B2B diamond network. The Rapaport or Rapnet Price List is the source of diamond pricing information, used extensively throughout the diamond trade for evaluating diamond prices. Primarily Rapnet offers two options for listing: Diamond Listing services(DLS) and Rapnet Instant Inventory. DLS services are now deprecated and no new subscriptions are available.
Rapnet Instant Inventory
Rapnet is a peer two peer network. An aggregator of seller's diamond data. The aggregated diamond data can be further used by eCommerce retailers to embed in their eCommerce website through web services. This service is named as "Rapnet Instant Inventory.
Preparations for Rapnet instant Inventory Integration:
- 1. Check your website platform eg. Woocommerce, Shopify , Magento etc.
- 2. Checking your Rapnet Login and Rapnet instant inventory service availability
- 3. Understanding your requirements in details eg. If you wish to have a diamond between 0.3 to 3 carat only
- 4. Planning for markup module (eg. if you require flat markup or carat size based markup)
- 5. Checking your existing website's theme structure, creating wireframes and high fidelity mockup of designs for your approval
- 6. Managing full check-out process for the diamond with order management emails.
Samples of UI design:
How Rapnet diamond Listing is Integrated with your e-commerce website ?
- 1. Create Rapnet Instant inventory account.
- 2. Login in Rapnet and create API feed according to your requirement. For example, which all shapes you require like Round, Pear, Heart, Princess etc. Now select suppliers from supplier list as per your requirement. The final step is to set up markup eg. for price range $200 to $1000 markup will be 10%.
- 3. Contact Rapnet team and get Webservice API access key.
- 4. Using Rapnet Webservice API key and password you can send request (in JSON format) to Rapnet webservice endpoint with required post parameters (Example : Required shape names '"Round","Pear","Radiant","Emerald"', carat start-end range "size_from": "2","size_to": "1" etc) and response will be in JSON format.
- 5. In single request call Rapnet returns 50 records only, for further records you can use paging.
- 6. Once the response received from Rapnet in JSON format you can process it and display on Webpage in grid or list view.
How Rapnet Instant Inventory API is integrated in your eCommerce Websitewww.transpacific-software.com
Rapnet Colour diamond Integration
Rapnet Inventory link integration live projects
Integration of Diamond API starts from $1500 onwards depending on what all features you require, what eCommerce platform you have. If you wish to have value-added features like Build a ring and so on.
• Do Rapnet diamonds have video of diamonds?
Rapnet diamond feed rarely has video. Typically less than 5 %. It has an API feed parameter called "media" . The feed mostly have images/photographs
• I know a diamond dealer who is using Diamond feed and has many diamond videos?
Please check with the source. They may be having a custom diamond feed from a supplier. Custom diamond feed directly from a supplier have diamond videos.
• Can I add my inhouse diamonds along with Rapnet diamond feed?
N0 ! Diamond feeds are through Restful API in JSON format . Interjecting your diamonds within the Rapnet feed is technically not possible. However, there is a workaround. You may add your diamonds directly on Rapnet platform and pull them in regular Rapnet API
• Can I get pair diamonds for earrings and Stud?
No Rapnet doesn't provide separate Pair diamond feed.
• When I log in to Rapnet directly, I see the diamond, but the same is not there on the website which is pulling Rapnet diamond feed?
Many suppliers list their diamond on the Rapnet platform but don't prefer to redistribute them through API. Typically not more than 35-40% Of suppliers redistribute their diamonds through Rapnet API.
•I found some widgets and plug and play code snippet for Rapnet integration can I use it on my website?
These plugins are just iframes. They have many restrictions such as one cannot customise the look and feel, or diamond cannot be bought directly from your website. User can at the most send an enquiry for the diamond.TPS provides a fully integrated and Flexible solution with one year's free support