Update Dec 2021: Check out blazing fast ReactJS based Engagement ring builder here
Rapnet login and Rapnet Instant Inventory subscription
More info on subscription can be found on Rapnet website
WooCommerce and Rapnet Instant Inventory API
Diamond & jewellery websites developed on Woocommerce ( A WordPress e-commerce plugin) require integrating diamond data from diamond trading exchanges like Rapnet, IDEXonline, MID or Polygon.
Unlike Magento or Shopify, which are built ground up for e-commerce; Woocommerce is a plugin of WordPress. It converts the blogging platform into an eCommerce shop.
Essentially the posts in WP are altered by wooCommerce to show as items/products; this makes it restrictive for customization. Furthermore, for diamond data (typically Rapnet feed may go into 50,000+ diamonds) with numerous diamond specific attributes like carat weight, colour, fluorescence, clarity, cut etc.; integration becomes complex.
As a specialist in Diamond Jewelry websites; Transpacific regularly receives project requests to integrate Woocommerce with Rapnet data.
How is Rapnet integrated with Woocommerce?
Rapnet Provides Instant inventory Restful web services.
Integration is a two-step process:
1) A WP plugin created by TransPacific Software which on installation allows web services data to be pulled from Rapnet API and pushed in the Woocommerce DB
2) Front end intuitive search engine with filters including carat weight, price, Clarity, Fluorescence etc.
Both the above offerings are highly customized for the host website.
Front end UI design is integrated with the website's parent theme.
The diamond search engine is highly optimized for speed and accuracy through multiple optimization techniques. These include caching, query optimization and customizing it for mobile.
Additional value-added features like detail page, video (if available) , certificate pop-ups, compare and wish list are also added.
Why plug and Play Rapnet Plugins available on WordPress Plugin exchange are no good?
- They Cannot be customised as per your design requirements
- User cannot directly buy from your website.
- User can find the source of the diamond supplier directly
- No SEO benefit due to Iframe widget embedded in the page
- Diamond data search filter customization not possible.
- No additional feature can be added eg. Share a hint or add to wishlist
Live Projects examples
Costing on the basic Rapnet integration starts from $1500 onwards depending on features required
Email: [email protected]